My Doctor Is A Rock Star

I was recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer.  But this post isn't about me. It's about my oncologist. And  the band he is a part of. That's right. My doctor is a freakin' rock star! How cool is that?  Let me introduce you:

When I first learned my doctor was in a band, my immediate thoughts were "That's so Portland... So cliche". But then I discovered it wasn't just any old band. This band is a very special band.

N.E.D. or 'No Evidence of Disease', is a unique band of six gynecologic oncology surgeons from across the United States.  Created as a cover band to entertain their peers at a medical conference, they saw the potential to reach women in a powerful way - through music. What was started as a novelty meant to entertain, has turned into a powerful awareness movement to give a voice to women effected by gynecologic cancers. Just like any other band, they play gigs and tour the country, all the while promoting awareness of gynecological cancers.


 The Band members:
  • Guitar, Lead Vocals - John F. Boggess, M.D., North Carolina
  • Lead Vocals, Guitar - Joanie Hope, M.D., Alaska
  • Drums and Percussion - Nimesh P. Nagarsheth, M.D., New York & New Jersey
  • Bass Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals - William R. (Rusty) Robinson, M.D., Louisiana
  • Guitar - John T. Soper, M.D., North Carolina
  • Lead Guitar - William E. Winter, III, M.D., Oregon




N.E.D. or 'No Evidence of Disease', are the words every cancer patient wants to hear. The cornerstone of N.E.D.'s Mission is education and awareness. They have released two albums of original music, that have received critical acclaim. Their songs are designed to empower women, give them hope and to break the silence surrounding gynecologic cancers.

Go to www.nedtheband.com for full biography, news, and links to buy CD/donate to their cause.

I'm proud to say my doctor is a rock star!

Comments

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget